Monday, April 18, 2011

Lost for words

I've been sitting here for the last 15 minutes crying my eyes out. Not because I'm sad, but because of my little three year old nephew. He's the sweetest and most loving three year old I've ever been around. I always used to think he didn't like me because he would never want to be around me or cry every time I was around or tried to hold him. That changed a lot yesterday...

It started Saturday around 1130 in the morning when I was on my way to FedEx some insulin my last roommates left here. When I turned on the highway, I could hear what sounded like something dragging the ground. I didn't think much of it because I was moving and my car is old so I was going to pull over when I could to have a look. At the first stoplight it was still making that sound while I was stopped and kept getting louder. When I hit the gas it went away and I thought I dodged a bullet...until about a mile later when my engine shut off and wouldn't start again.

I called my dad (who actually got my car towed for free) and my future roommate to help me out. My buddy took me to FedEx to get the package shipped while my dad waited for the wrecker. Long story short...we got the broken down car to my house and pushed into the garage. I took my dad out to lunch and we went to a dealership even though the weather was ultra shitty. We quickly realized that it would be better for me to take the rest of the night to figure out what I want and do some research. On a side note...while I was at the FedEx place, I ran into Bob from "Bob and Tom". I wanted to bad to hit him and yell "COME UP WITH SOMETHING FUNNY!" It probably would have been a pretty good stress reliever...

I called my brother up on Sunday to come over and take a look at a few windows to see what he would charge me to replace them. He brought my little nephew over because he wanted to go for a car ride, which was a pleasant surprise. He was knocked out when they showed up and he even let me hold him until he got too heavy to hold. We walked around the house for a little bit and talked about a lot of things and I asked my brother to take me to the store so I could get some caffeine for the morning and other things. While we were there, my nephew saw some donuts and wanted some so I told my brother pick up a dozen and I'd pay for them. Then my nephew was pulling out some money to pay for them, which I thought was funny because it was a penny. My brother said he does it all the time and when he got his penny back he put it back in his pocket very carefully.

Then today came. I found an awesome car for a killer price that I couldn't pass up. Luckily my dad was able to take some time off of work to take me to the dealership to check it out. I was already in love with it just from looking at it online. It test drove great and while it's a used car, it's basically a brand new car. I've never seen a car less than a year old with only 5,500 miles on it and UNDER the blue book value. Like I said, I HAD to take this car. My brother called while we were getting the paperwork and everything taken care of to tell me I should stop by his house and see the little one, which I did. We jumped on their new trampoline for as long as my old ass was able to until it was time for me to leave.

After I had been home for a few hours my brother's girlfriend sent me a text saying that my nephew wanted to pay for the donuts yesterday because my car was broke. When I read that, my eyes started to tear up...then came another text. She said my nephew saw a black car go by the house and thought it was me and was really disappointed when it wasn't me...that made me start crying.

With everything that's been going on with me lately I've really lost focus on the little things that make everything worth it. I've also been shutting everyone out of my life, one by one a little more each day. Then out of nowhere this little guy is so worried about me and my car breaking down he wanted to pay for the donuts. I've been feeling like I'm a terrible person for so many reasons, and he wanted me to feel better. I don't even know what to say because that gesture by a three year old has moved me to tears and made me feel like people actually do love me from the bottom of their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment